NFTubism is an attempt to re-imagine a series of traditional art movements in a modernised style.
Where does the inspiration come from?
The name and style come from the combination of multiple art movements such as Cubism, Surrealism, Minimalism, Plane...
Cubism was a revolutionary new approach to representing reality invented in around 1907–08 by artists Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque. They brought different views of subjects (usually objects or figures) together in the same picture, resulting in paintings that appear fragmented and abstracted.
A plane surface is a flat surface, and any distinct flat surface within a painting or sculpture can be referred to as a plane.
A twentieth-century literary, philosophical and artistic movement that explored the workings of the mind, championing the irrational, the poetic and the revolutionary.
Minimalism is an extreme form of abstract art developed in the USA in the 1960s and typified by artworks composed of simple geometric shapes based on the square and the rectangle.
Definition Source: tate.org.uk
Who is behind NFTubism?
Oykun Yilmaz, an ex-developer turned designer, who is leading design for a few business lines in a Tier 1 Investment Bank in the daytime, and reads, experiments with art and new technologies in the night time which makes NFT a perfect combination.
What is NFT?
NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. It is a unique and non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a digital ledger. NFTs can be associated with easily-reproducible items such as photos, videos, audio, and other types of digital files as unique items, and use blockchain technology to give the NFT public proof of ownership.
Read more at Wikipedia.
How do I buy NFT?
Here are some steps on what you need to do to get your NFTubism.
- Register and install metamask.io extension for the Chrome browser to create your wallet
- Purchase Ethereum and transfer to your Metamask Wallet using apps like Coinbase.
- Go to NFTubism collection on Foundation.app.
- Now you can purchase your NFTubism in the mint section. You will be prompted to sign your transaction. FYI, there will be a fee associated with every transaction related to gas prices.
- Once you have made your purchase, your NFTubism NFTs will be viewable in your wallet and on your Foundation account.
Thank you for your support and for taking your place in the limited NFTubism collectors.